Welcome back for the promised update ! As you can clearly see, the first stage, i.e. putting the Greenhouse frame together, has been completed. It was a bit of a struggle - perhaps I should have helped take it down in the first place! Obviously with something this old, a lot of the bolts were rusted solid, and there are a fair few bolts missing too. That said, I'm impressed by how sturdy it is, and that's without the weight of the glass too. I think the next step will be to buy and fit the missing bolts, and then secure the unit to a wooden base. This base will then be securely staked to the ground. In siting it here, I have the benefit of protection from the wind on two sides, and it's also fairly hidden from view.
This second pic gives a clearer idea of just how much land we now have to deal with! It's a mammoth undertaking, but I'm sure we've made the right decision. 450 Sq yards of land sounds like a hell of a lot, but then you have to remember that we managed 300 sq yards in our first year!
Time for a well earned rest now, and maybe a cup of tea!!
Take care all, and pop back soon for more updates from the plot.
13 hours ago