Thursday 13 November 2008

Plot Preperations 13.11.08

Welcome back to our Allotment Retreat blog, our new guide to growing your own veg in Raised Beds, on a slightly larger scale!
Sorry there have been no updates for over a month - we've had a busy time of late, not least planning for our wedding which is now booked for 24.01.2009!
Add to that the fact that our home PC / internet connection has been unavailable for about six weeks, so it's been hard to keep in touch. Hopefully there will be a break in the weather this weekend, allowing me to get my hands dirty again. I dread to think of how well the weeds will have flourished in my absence, considering the heavy rain we had lately.
As you can see, I've got some F1 Cabbage (v.Greyhound) on the go at home, as well as some recently planted (into 3" pots ) some overwintering Senshyu Yellow onions, which are sprouting well. These will be planted out when strong roots are protruding through the base of the pots.

I've also invested in a new Rhubarb crown, which I hope to plant up this weekend. Then of course I can get my Garlic ready for planting.

Alongside all these home preparations, there's still a lot of hard graft ahead at the plot. I have decided to hold off on buying / building our raised beds, as we are saving hard for or wedding.

Hopefully there will be more regular updates to follow, and I hope to see you here again soon to share in our adventure. Take care till then!

TTFN

No comments: