Sunday 13 September 2009

Courgettes galore!

Welcome back to Reads Allotment Retreat. Have you had a good week ? We've been kind of busy (work etc.) and so far, I've only managed a couple of hours at the plot. Most of that time was spent watering - trying to get the last knockings of growth out of our squash plants / runner beans etc. Just as I was about to leave, i bumped into a fellow plotholder - Andy . He gave me a haul of giant courgettes, they'd overgrown on his plants as he too had been absent for a couple of weeks with a bad back. As you can see, they're pretty big - about tabloid newspaper size! By the time I took this picture today, over half have already been used ! Jen is busy as I type, preparing some courgette chutney! Check out the new blog for more recipe idea's - Reads Recipe's.

I'm now on the first of my 4 days off; and although we have a few busy days lined up - mum visiting etc, we hope to put in a bit of work on the plot too. Hopefully, you'll pop back in a few days for more updates?

Till then, enjoy your gardens and plots.

Take care,

TTFN

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I keep seeing all these different courgette recipes..i think i will have to grow some next year!!!

Gary and Jen, and Ruby and Peter said...

Hi Tanya,
We've just found a recipe for Chocolate Courgette Cake.

Watch out for the recipe!