Tuesday 29 December 2009

Better pictures - we hope!

Welcome back to Reads Allotment Retreat. Sadly there's still no news from the plot due to the persistently inclement weather. The ground is either sodden or frozen, and there's little that can be done at this time. On a more positive note, I'm now the proud owner of a new camera. This was a combined Birthday & Christmas present, from my in laws and Jen. I've been after a decent upgrade for some time, and this Fuji s7000 is a great replacement to my Fuji Finepix 3800. The latter has served me well, but this new camera is a far greater spec than i had before. All we need now is for me to get to know it! There's a huge instruction manual to read and digest, before i can switch off the "Auto" button. There's no rush and I'm looking forward to rediscovering some real photography.

Hopefully the next time you drop in, I can bring some news from the plot.

Till then, take care and enjoy your gardening.

TTFN

4 comments:

Eight by Six said...

Wow looks impressive. Happy New Year to you all and hope to meet up when the weather improves.

Anonymous said...

A very impressive camera...I've always wanted something like this but only have a small camera ...probably just as well considering I am no great photographer and I dropped one and broke it so my son then gave me his..whoops!!

Shaheen said...

Same news with me on the allotment front.

Agree, what a fab. present.

Happy New Year to you and your family.

Bob said...

That looks like a cool camera. I love things with lots of buttons and knobs that I don't know what to do with! It would be pretty boring if you just picked it up and took a picture wouldn't it LOL! Bob.