Tuesday 3 January 2012

There is no more !

Welcome back to Reads Allotment Retreat.

Please forgive extended absence, but at the same time please hold on to your excitement:

After an awful year - ill health mainly - I have had to give up my allotments, as I could not maintain them sufficiently to keep both the Allotment Society and my neighbouring plotholders happy.

I leave behind 2 well tended half plots, and a further half plot I never really broke the back of. Somebody will inherit some nice apple trees, Rhubarb crowns, Red & Black Currant bushes, as well as approx 25 x 80 Litres of compost dug in to the main plots, as well as some spent hops donated by a friend.

I'm sad to see them go, but from sadness here to new life at Reads Retreat.

We dabbled this year on our home plots, but with Peter at the "Discovery" age of 1 1/4 to 1 1/2, nothing grew to fruition, as he really enjoyed pulling up plants and picking green toms.

Next year we'll concentrate our efforts on the home plot as well as welcoming some new additions to go in the chicken coop i bought Jen for christmas this year.

I'll leave this blog live for the foreseeable future; as I oft' refer to it my self, as I'm sure some of you do.

This however, will be my final posting here. Thank you to all my readers and followers over the last 5 years. I've enjoyed the blog, and hope you did too.

Catch us soon at Reads Retreat.

TTFN

1 comment:

Tanya. said...

glad to find you in better health and I hope it goes well at reads retreat.